Two toddlers rescued from fireplace in Marsiling; 60 residents evacuated, Latest Singapore News
Two toddlers have been rescued from a burning Housing Board flat in Marsiling on Wednesday (June 22) evening.
The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) stated in a Facebook put up on Thursday that it was alerted to the fireplace at Block 218 Marsiling Crescent round 10.40pm.
SCDF stated that when firefighters arrived, fireplace was raging and thick black smoke was emitting from a second-storey unit.
“Firefighters from Woodlands Fire Station donned breathing apparatus sets and extinguished the fire with a water jet,” SCDF stated in its put up.
The fireplace, which concerned contents of a bed room, brought on the complete unit to be affected by warmth and smoke harm.
Two cops had rescued the 2 toddlers earlier than SCDF arrived. They have been discovered acutely aware in the lounge.
A member of the general public had tried to power open the door of the affected unit to rescue the toddlers, SCDF added.
“SCDF will be reaching out to the person to commend him for his quick thinking and prompt action in attempting to rescue the toddlers,” it stated.
The toddlers have been taken to KK Women’s and Children’s Hospital by two ambulances.
About 60 residents from neighbouring items have been additionally evacuated as a precautionary measure.
SCDF is investigating the reason for the fireplace.
Block 218 is one among eight blocks in Marsiling Crescent and Marsiling Lane that might be acquired by HDB for the growth of Woodlands Checkpoint, the authorities introduced final month.